Today’s internet is a dangerous place. It is no longer a question of if you will be hacked. It’s a question of when, and how will you recover from it.
Yes, there are steps you can take to secure your website from hacking. But none of them are 100% safe. For this reason any security program will include a backup and disaster recovery solution.
For a backup solution to be considered valid, it must meet the following criteria:
- Off site: The data must be backed up to a location separate from your own server
- Redundant: Multiple (more than 3) copies of the data must be kept, each in a separate location.
- Historical: backup data should be kept for several weeks or months as problems are not always identified right away. Having a history of backups allows recovery to the most recent valid backup
- Automated: data should be backed up automatically and require no user interaction
- Real-time: data should be backed up as it is created ensuring nothing is lost
- Recoverable: data should be stored in a format and system that makes recovery easy.
Our security package includes:
- 21 step security process to prevent hacking
- Real time backups
- Redundant: automated, multiple backups made in multiple secure cloud based locations(11 backups in 11 locations) in real time. Backups are kept for several months.
- Disaster recovery: Should the worst happen, for example your site is hacked or you experience a server failure your site can be recovered with no data loss. This recovery is done free of charge
- Maintenance and software updates: Today’s internet is fast paced. Technology changes constantly – almost in real time, and security issues arise daily. Our maintenance package ensures your software stays up-to-date with security patches and updates installed as they are released. Our maintenance includes:
- 10 hours of free updates annually to WordPress core files and Plugins (includes software updates, but excludes content updates, theme updates, and custom code updates).
- Should additional time be required it may be purchased at our prevailing hourly rate
Hosting package details
- 1.5GB storage
- 35GB bandwidth/month
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- up to 8 email addresses each with 7.5GB storage
There are packages available for clients needing more resources (like a large e-commerce site or mission critical business site), but for most clients this level is enough.
The price for this managed, secure hosting service is $70/month plus an additional 10% discount for prepaying for a full year.